Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bike Time

Since my achillies started flaring up about 3 weeks ago I've been trying a new strategy--- actually listening to my body when something hurts and therefore stopped running. So far so good...but I have to let out my energy somehow so the next best thing has been biking! Thanks to Tuomas who's lent me his bike during my stay, as well as, mista boy scout Zach for fixing it. The other day Mats and I went on a 30 kilometer bike tour along the coastline taking us through the Westend (really nice neighborhood), Nuottaniemi, Soukanniemi and ending up in Espo for a grill-out at his house. With the added bonus of being in a bike friendly city with bike paths everywhere I've gotten hooked. When I get a chance to it's been a great way of exploring the outskirts of Helsinki after work, while being treated to some amazing suppppperrrr long sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment